I got flagged for copyright infringment. How do I stop my ISP!?

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
So I am a pirate I guess, I download FREE shows so I can watch them on my MP4 player, downloaded audio books of the Bible, 2 movies and here's the big part, games. Please don't look at me as a thief, I'm truly not but technically am. I pirate games like Skyrim and BF3 to TRY! them. I have bought them as they are amazing! Anyways I got threatened by my ISP to be prosecuted.

Seriously, I feel bad enough please don't flame me? So how do I stop my ISP from stalking my torrents? I KNOW it's only torrents. Because that is all they tracked and reported. Just please help me as I actually want to try Mafia II and am scared my dad (he pays ISP) will go to jail, just because ther'es no fu**ing trial...

Seriously no hate please. Any help is sooo appreciated. I use uTorrent and will switch if you'd like to another client.

sk1939

Distinguished

There isn't a good one, and I suggest you stop before you incur some kind of major penalty. Mafia II or any game is not worth your future livelihood.

sk1939

Distinguished
Well they occasionally release demo's for some games, the other way is to look at Youtube commentary on the game, and/or the Metacritic score (and reviews), which is generally a good indication of how the game is.

jesperloh

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Normally, i would encourage users to go gamespot.com, or youtube to check out the reviews and gameplay or even comments! They do serious critics on the game and it's obvious if they're lying. Or another way is cybercafes. You might wanna go spend an hour there to try out games you've been waiting for.