Question about Tuner/Capture cards.

Areal

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2002
Hello everyone, question about tuner/capture cards.

I was wondering if there is a single card that allows capturing from cable, and also has support to get audio/video display back out to the TV set.
Budget isn't much of an issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Keep up the good work on the site. :)

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
You mean like Tivo - with your PC instead? Only if you use AIW Radeon(7500 or 8500) with Full screen TV output to TV.

A true passthru doesn't exist AFAIK.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ath0mps0 on 04/22/02 08:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

this is in my opinion but i think you would be better off with a capture card and a tv-out card individually. the reason is you have more choices. for instance you said that price wasn't a object, well then go with a osprey 200 ($200 - $249) capture card. this is one of the best capture cards on the market! it supports 800 x 600 native capture, lets see ati do this without droping frame rates!!! as far as tv-out, go with a ati radeon 7500, ati still has the best tv-out followed by matrox (550 or 450) (yes they are actually good for something). this is the setup i have and I love it. I use direct tv s-video out to osprey 200 and looks great. if your interested in tivo like usage, use anyone of a hundred pvr programs. for more info on this goto: www.avsforum.com this is a must for htpc needs and info!!!!

My server is powerful enough to take over a third world country