Closed

Window 7 (64x) cant detect 802.11N wireless

Hello there,
Im using window 7 64x with Netgear WND R3300 router to connect to internet. I bought 1 PCIe wireless adapter card
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OBHE60/ref=oh_o05_s00_i04_details

and 1 USB wireless adapter ( Mini wireless N speed USB adapter)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PHV6TK/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

They both said to be compatible with window 7 64x. They do, however, i CAN NOT see any of the N-wireless. The NETGEAR WND R3300 create 2 wireless connection ( one is G and the other is N). My computer is always able to detect the G-wireless but it can never detect the N wireless ( THERE IS NO N-wireless connection in the Available network board). I tried to update driver and everything but it seems hopeless. This is a new built desktop by the way.

I was able to detect the N wireless with my macbookpro; however, when i switched to window 7 on that macbook, i couldnt see the N wireless as well.
So, i thought it has something to do with window 7 since all drivers are up to date. Please help me fix this issue. My G-wireless is really really slow ( about 2 mbps) while the N is around 16 mbps. My work requires high speed internet , this is really killing me.
Any help would be appreciate it. Thank you for reading this.
13 answers Last reply
More about window detect wireless
  1. Your router will transmit one 2.4 ghz band and one 5 ghz band wireless connection,neither of your adapters will see the 5 ghz band because they are not dual band like your router.
  2. You should be broadcasting in mixed mode wireless g and n , check your settings.
  3. Then which network adapter should i get? The Dlink dw160?
    And if that is the case, why MAC OS ( not the desktop) can detect the N but the window 7 64x ( on the same macbook) couldnt detect the N wireless even driver is up to date?
  4. so the dlink d160?
  5. The Dlink dw160

This is a ^ dual band it will see both networks.One of the networks is 2.4ghz and the other is 5 ghz this adapter will see both.
  6. My router setting mode is Up to 270mpbs at 5.0ghz and up to 54 at 2.4ghz.
    The 11N channel has 4 options:
    -36/ 5.18 ghz
    -44/ 5.220 ghz
    -149 /5.74
    -157 /5.75
    the 11G channel is set to be auto
    It set to be 36 but i dont know what the rest do. I tried to switch it but nothing seem to happen.
    So for clarification, my USB 2.0 wireless adapter is only able to see either G or N wireless, and in this case, it only picks up the G wireless but not the N. So, on the same note, i have to buy the dual band adapter in order to connect to the N wireless?
    If that is the case, which do you recommend?
  7. Look like i have to order a new one, but i still dont understand why the mini usb couldnt pick up n-wireless after all -_-
  8. BTW the adapter you showed me is sold out on amazon and newegg. Sigh
  9. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PHV6TK/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

It should operate at n speeds if router is setup correctly,but it won't see the 5ghz network
  10. What do you mean by setting up correctly?
  11. inspiron P35G 5423
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Connection Wireless Adapter Wireless Networking