Weird set up what is my router probably doing

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Okay this is more a what if kinda question then a problem.
information:
dual band e 3200 running a 2.5 and a 5.0 ghz set of channels that's 2 networks set up to also use different channels.
Desktop as a linksys 2.5ghz nic card along with a 5.0ghz dongle * both support N set ups only difference is there support ghz range.
If I connect to the 2.5ghz network on the nic and the 5.0 ghz network with the dongle on the SAME router on the SAME system how will the system handle this? will I get through put as through both? Will the system just use the higher speed network. I know what I'm asking is possible since iv tried setting it up I'm just not sure how the router is actualy responding to what im doing.

For the record I'am not looking for a answer like , "it will work". Id like a answer from some one who has a strong grasp on the way these routers work with traffic and duel bands.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Thats not exactly what I was asking. Lets just say for this question there are two NICS , NIC 1 and NIC 2 . If on boot the OS chose NIC 1 as the gateway for connection and the signal drops and now NIC 2 has a better connection will the os switch to that NIC card?