Westell wirespeed installation software download

tpaparsons

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
I need a program (not the driver) to access a Westell WireSpeed B90-210015-4 (Rev. F), DSL modem, manufactured 07/2004. Got it through Verizon when they provided our internet service, now provided by Frontier (Verizon sold out to Frontier). Frontier knows nothing about this modem and doesn't support it.

Netgear bought out Westell, but neither Westell nor Netgear support it.

What I would like to have is the software provided on the CD that was provided originally by Verizon.

Thanks !

Connect your router to a computer with the cable that came with the router then go Start then Run in XP or press the Windows key and R together in Vista and Windows 7, then type in the following, including all the spaces:-

cmd /k ipconfig /all

press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside Default Gateway - something like 192.168.0.1.

Type exit to close the black form.

Open Internet Explorer and enter that code into the URL address bar as though it was a website. You're then at the login page to the router's settings utility and admin will usually be the login with either admin or password as the password. Some routers have the password printed on it on a label

tpaparsons

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

Thank you, Emerald, for your rely.

Unfortunately, cmd /k ipconfig /all returned a blank space after Default Gateway ...................:

I should point out that this is with the ethernet cable attached to computer and modem, powered up, but with no telephone line connected.

If the telephone line is connected, the Default Gateway is 50.34.48.1.

Running 50.34.48.1 in the Internet Explorer command line produces no result if the telephone line is disconnnected, and produces some Google results if the telephone line is connected.

FWIW, I'm running Windows 7 Pro, on an HP NW9440 high end portable workstation.

it seems you have a simple DSL modem. Most modems have an IP and access code print on a label on the bottom side of the modem.

also it seems you connecting your computer directly to the modem which will allow any hacker to have direct access to your computer. Windows7 firewall is better then the one that came with previous versions of Windows; however, I would recommend you should add a router between the modem and your PC.

what are you trying to do?

from what I found the CD included the user manual and the USB drivers for the modem

http://www.dsldepot.com/download.asp?fileid=25

tpaparsons

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

Emerald, thanks for the link to the Westell Wirespeed 2100 Installation and Configuration document. I'm not sure that is exactly like what I have, which is a Westell WireSpeed B90-210015-04 Rev. F DSL modem, assembled 07/2004, S/N 04B407739544, W/O 39145, FCC Registration Number US:5KPDLNAN2XX010-04 REN 0.2.

The document doesn't show a picture of the unit.

There is no "IP and access code print on a label on the bottom side of the modem".

"Powered by WindRiver Software" is screen printed on the bottom of the modem.

The documentation does say, on the first page, "Insert the driver CD in your CD drive and point Windows to it." The information on that driver CD is what I am trying to find. I could then burn it onto a CD.

I am trying to solve intermittent internet disconnects, but getting into the settings in the modem.

I do have a NetGear WNDR37AV (or WNDR3700 as it is also called), Rev. 1, router between the modem and the computer, thanks !

I appreciate your continued help ...

Henry

well I tried the default passwords.
such as
usr: admin
pass: admin
then assuming case sensitivity
usr: Admin
pass: Admin

usr: admin
pass: password

You can also try Administrator.

But the default password for these things are usually your 10 digit phone number as the password and admin as the username