Crossover choice question

Last response: in Home Audio
January 8, 2005 4:38:02 AM

If I know the tweeter (8 ohms) frequency (3k-20k Hz) and the woofer(8
ohms) frequency (35-2500 Hz) can simple pick a 2-way crossover (8 ohms)
that would direct the frequency to each speaker.
I know this is a basic question. Thanks
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 12:49:18 PM

EJG wrote:

> If I know the tweeter (8 ohms) frequency (3k-20k Hz) and the woofer(8
> ohms) frequency (35-2500 Hz) can simple pick a 2-way crossover (8 ohms)
> that would direct the frequency to each speaker.
> I know this is a basic question. Thanks

You are Amar Bose and I claim my five pounds.

The frequency ranges for woofer and tweeter should overlap
and you pick a crossover frequency in the middle of the overlapping
region, or you end up with a hole in the middle.

--
Eiron.
Anonymous

Eiron wrote:
> EJG wrote:
>
>> If I know the tweeter (8 ohms) frequency (3k-20k Hz) and the woofer(8
>> ohms) frequency (35-2500 Hz) can simple pick a 2-way crossover (8
>> ohms) that would direct the frequency to each speaker.
>> I know this is a basic question. Thanks
>

> You are Amar Bose and I claim my five pounds.
>
> The frequency ranges for woofer and tweeter should overlap
> and you pick a crossover frequency in the middle of the overlapping
> region, or you end up with a hole in the middle.

Thanks Eiron.
!