How to Open Nas Box to Customers?

cmooney

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hello all,

A friend of mine is looking for ideas on how to make his Nas Box accessible by his customers so that they can upload large files to it rather than rely on posting these to him (e.g. on CDs/DVDs).

He has the Nas Box for his own use and ideally would like to link it through his business website so that a customer can go there and upload files. Another option seems to be opening the network to his customers as well but I'm not sure about how to approach either of these options.

Any advice or steers towards relevant websites for further information would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris

umm@gumma

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

Could band-aid together some solution for you but when you mention customers I hear "the guy has the means to invest in a proper solution".

At which point I recommend he look into an asa for vpn connectivity. Get a professional to setup proper access lists and not worry about one of the customers getting into your personal/business systems. Plus all data communication will be secure, which is just a plus for your customers.