Sign in with
Your question

Network Adapter Disappears from Device Manager in Win7

Last response: in Networking
April 30, 2012 3:40:20 PM

I have an i7-2700K system with MSI Z68A-GD80 MB running on Window 7. Awesome system. Only one issue. The Network Adapter section keeps disappearing from Device Manager, causing my ethernet to fail, no lights on either of the RJ45 ports with cable plugged in. All of the latest drivers are installed.

I've Googled it and see others with the same problem and have followed the "temporary" solution - shut down the system, unplug it from the power supply, yank the memory out, press the power button with PSU unplugged to "bleed" the caps (or use the pwr/reset button on the MB before shutting it down), let it sit for several minutes (it takes mine at least an hour, so I'm thinking the system needs to be completely cooled down) and then put it all back together and turn it on. Network Adapter section shows up again, Ethernet lights return, internet works again.

This works until the next time the system shuts down and then I have to do this all over again. Extremely annoying problem. I'm not sure if it's a faulty MB or if there's an actual permanent fix.

Does anyone happen to have a permanent solution out there besides replacing the MB??

Thanks!

More about : network adapter disappears device manager win7

April 30, 2012 6:31:54 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. That could be a band-aide, but I was hoping someone has seen this before and found a permanent solution to fix the MB itself..
m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2013 6:54:17 PM

I am having this exact same issue with my board, network adapters keeps disappearing when i start my computer. And for solving this i have to do the same thing you do. So buying a network adapter will solve this problem? Any fix you found on the motherboard itself ?
m
l
November 1, 2013 7:29:58 AM

Possessive said:
I am having this exact same issue with my board, network adapters keeps disappearing when i start my computer. And for solving this i have to do the same thing you do. So buying a network adapter will solve this problem? Any fix you found on the motherboard itself ?

I have same issue, but in Actions menu of device manager, I can have it search for the device and it finds it , shows it, and reports that it is working properly. I guess the solution is to disable the mother board card and put in a pci network card. I am not confident with that solution............ (it is a broadcom network adapter on motherboard). This is for a friend I am helping, and I am a bit confused.

m
l
!