Windows stopped booting with continous blinking cursor

firepow3r

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
First off i wanna say hi to everyone, long time reader but never posted.. but i knew this day would come!!! lol....

system spec:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
2 250gb Seagate Barracudas 7200 > Raid 0
AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W
Asus M4A78LT-M Mobo
2 Crucial 2GB 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600
1 2GB G. Skill 240 pin DDR3 Memory

Ok computer has been doing scandsks for the last week all of a sudden when starting up and now it splashes the boot screen and hangs on the black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left.
I have been researching this for the past couple of days in the net and unfortunately have been unsuccessful at finding ananswer.

heres what i have done so far:
1-booted from windows cd and did STARTUP REPAIR, it found my windows installation and finished without no problems - PROBLEM STILL EXISTS
2-command propmpt and fixboot command unsuccessful since it stays on x: dir and i cant find the c: dir for the right commands
3-SYSTEM RESTORE found no earlier restore points which i found odd but it is what it is.. lol..
4- went ahead and tried installation of windows to see if it recognized my drive on array and it did with the correct size and data.

I tried installing the regrun reanimator to see if it maybe was a root kit problem but the boot up disk didnt recognize my c drive either.

so here i am stuck on stupid!!..

any help will be greatly appreciated!..

firepow3r

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Ok i downloaded hirens cd and ran these tests:
Sea Tools for Dos - basic short tests PASSED on both HD

Started the mini windows Xp and was able to access the files on the drives.

doing antivirus scans looking for rootkit problems.

Hi :)

The short tests are NOT enough....

You MUST run the long tests on both drives...

All the best Brett :)