I have recently been experiencing issues with my internet connection generally losing connectivity for as little as a couple of seconds, up to 15-30 seconds when playing games. This happens to multiple computers in my household, and only recently started happening after moving. I initially thought it was the ISP, but after some "troubleshooting" I disconnected my router, and hooked my PC up directly to the modem, no issues at all. Thinking the router was just a big piece of crap after the years of using it, I went out and bought a brand new D-Link DIR-655, and the problems persist.
- It doesn't happen constantly, but it is the kind of thing I can generally rely on happening.
- My ISP did not change when I moved, the modem is a different one, but still the same model as before.
- Additionally, my PC is connected to the router via wire, and there is a laptop in the household that works wireless and also experiences the same problem.
- Previous router had no security but used MAC filtering, also experienced this issue
- Current router uses security, with the same issue.
- UPnP and multiband are enabled on the router.
- I never experience issues with this unless I am gaming, though I guess it could also happen other times and I just havent noticed.