what HDTV DVR does comcast give?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
July 16, 2005 3:08:04 AM

what HDTV DVR does comcast give? im in southern california if that matters.

More about : hdtv dvr comcast give

July 16, 2005 7:35:25 AM

their own proprietary box.

"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message
news:o lXBe.2158$2h1.376@trnddc05...
> what HDTV DVR does comcast give? im in southern california if that
> matters.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:20:06 PM

In article <1g%Be.2095$YD3.1528@trndny03>, "RobR" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

> their own proprietary box.
>
> "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message
> news:o lXBe.2158$2h1.376@trnddc05...
> > what HDTV DVR does comcast give? im in southern california if that
> > matters.

But is it the buggy Motorrola box, or the abysmal Scientific Atlanta box?
July 16, 2005 2:31:33 PM

it will depend on your local cable system.
"Jack Zwick" <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <1g%Be.2095$YD3.1528@trndny03>, "RobR" <nospam@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>> their own proprietary box.
>>
>> "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message
>> news:o lXBe.2158$2h1.376@trnddc05...
>> > what HDTV DVR does comcast give? im in southern california if that
>> > matters.
>> >

> But is it the buggy Motorrola box, or the abysmal Scientific Atlanta box?
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 5:04:42 PM

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <1g%Be.2095$YD3.1528@trndny03>, "RobR" <nospam@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>

>>their own proprietary box.
>>
>>"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message
>>news:o lXBe.2158$2h1.376@trnddc05...
>>
>>>what HDTV DVR does comcast give? im in southern california if that
>>>matters.
>>>

> But is it the buggy Motorrola box, or the abysmal Scientific Atlanta box?
In maryland it's the motorola box. I switched to it because I wanted HD
for my main system and moved my TiVo upstairs for the kids. I will
switch back to Tivo for my main system as soon as they have a standalone
HD box. I don't want to switch to sat for sevveral reasons and so I'm
forced to go with the comcast moto unit. The software is rather poor
but it works for the most part.
July 18, 2005 9:12:17 PM

does Moxi OS run on both of them?

"RobR" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> their own proprietary box.
>
> "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message
> news:o lXBe.2158$2h1.376@trnddc05...
>> what HDTV DVR does comcast give? im in southern california if that
>> matters.

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:51:44 PM

"James
> does Moxi OS run on both of them?

I don't know what Moxi is buy the latest ad I got from Comcast
boasted that the software was by Microsoft. It didn't tempt me
to switch.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 9:02:23 PM

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
> "James
>
>>does Moxi OS run on both of them?
>

> I don't know what Moxi is buy the latest ad I got from Comcast
> boasted that the software was by Microsoft. It didn't tempt me
> to switch.

Ooh, the sarcasm! ;-)

Randy S.
July 22, 2005 9:03:03 PM