R520m language pack

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
June 6, 2004 4:04:15 AM

I want to add languages to my R520m. I see a lot of flashing/unlocking
dongles for sale from $70 up to $300. Does anyone know if this is what I
need? Looks like they come with dongle, cable, and software CD.

Thanks.

More about : r520m language pack

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 4:04:16 AM

"David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to add languages to my R520m. I see a lot of flashing/unlocking
> dongles for sale from $70 up to $300. Does anyone know if this is what I
> need? Looks like they come with dongle, cable, and software CD.
>
> Thanks.

It need not cost that much. On Ebay the terminator dongle, cable, and
software sells for less than $30 incl shipping.
For example, I got the gear to flash my R520m from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=....
The sellers id is cauchemar02. The software disk contains numerous
firmware versions covering a number of languages. This vendor proved very
good about answering questions and giving after-sale pointers. There are
other dongle sellers on Ebay to choose from as well.
-- Cary
June 6, 2004 7:32:07 PM

Thanks, Cary. How did it work for you? I'm concerned about messing up my
phone.

"Cary" <cml@wayne.edu> wrote in message
> "David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I want to add languages to my R520m. I see a lot of flashing/unlocking
> > dongles for sale from $70 up to $300. Does anyone know if this is what
> > need? Looks like they come with dongle, cable, and software CD.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> It need not cost that much. On Ebay the terminator dongle, cable, and
> software sells for less than $30 incl shipping.
> For example, I got the gear to flash my R520m from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=....
> The sellers id is cauchemar02. The software disk contains numerous
> firmware versions covering a number of languages. This vendor proved very
> good about answering questions and giving after-sale pointers. There are
> other dongle sellers on Ebay to choose from as well.
> -- Cary

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 7:32:08 PM

David,
It went without a hitch for me. The software CD that comes with the cable
and terminator has quite a few language files for the R520m so you will
probably need to contact the seller after you receive the gear for advice on
which to use. I had to email him to ask which one of the two English
language files he recommended for my firmware upgrade. He responded right
away. He even puts his phone number on his ebay pages and says he'll walk
his customers through it if they like. I found step-by-step instructions on
www.cellular-support.com.
The idea is to attach the terminator (dongle) to the parallel port on your
computer. That will unlock the software so it can run. Another connector
goes the a USB port to supply power for the flashing process. It is
important that the SIM be removed and the phone turned OFF during the
flashing procedure.
This gives you some idea. I had never flashed a phone before and it worked
fine. Let me know what you decide and how it goes. .
-- Cary

---------------------
-------------------
> Thanks, Cary. How did it work for you? I'm concerned about messing up my
> phone.
>
> "Cary" <cml@wayne.edu> wrote in message
> > "David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I want to add languages to my R520m. I see a lot of
flashing/unlocking
> > > dongles for sale from $70 up to $300. Does anyone know if this is
what
> > > need? Looks like they come with dongle, cable, and software CD.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > It need not cost that much. On Ebay the terminator dongle, cable, and
> > software sells for less than $30 incl shipping.
> > For example, I got the gear to flash my R520m from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=....
> > The sellers id is cauchemar02. The software disk contains numerous
> > firmware versions covering a number of languages. This vendor proved
very
> > good about answering questions and giving after-sale pointers. There
are
> > other dongle sellers on Ebay to choose from as well.
> > -- Cary

June 6, 2004 11:21:57 PM

Cary -- thanks. I went and ordered one from cauchemar02 on ebay. I'll see
how it goes after I receive it. I'll also check out the site you recommend.

Thanks again.

"Cary" <cary@comcast.net> wrote in message
> David,
> It went without a hitch for me. The software CD that comes with the cable
> and terminator has quite a few language files for the R520m so you will
> probably need to contact the seller after you receive the gear for advice
on
> which to use. I had to email him to ask which one of the two English
> language files he recommended for my firmware upgrade. He responded
right
> away. He even puts his phone number on his ebay pages and says he'll walk
> his customers through it if they like. I found step-by-step instructions
on
> www.cellular-support.com.
> The idea is to attach the terminator (dongle) to the parallel port on your
> computer. That will unlock the software so it can run. Another connector
> goes the a USB port to supply power for the flashing process. It is
> important that the SIM be removed and the phone turned OFF during the
> flashing procedure.
> This gives you some idea. I had never flashed a phone before and it
worked
> fine. Let me know what you decide and how it goes. .
> -- Cary
>
> ---------------------
> -------------------
> "David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Cary. How did it work for you? I'm concerned about messing up
my
> > phone.
> >
> > "Cary" <cml@wayne.edu> wrote in message
> > > "David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> flashing/unlocking
> what

> > > It need not cost that much. On Ebay the terminator dongle, cable, and
> > > software sells for less than $30 incl shipping.
> > > For example, I got the gear to flash my R520m from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=....
> > > The sellers id is cauchemar02. The software disk contains numerous
> > > firmware versions covering a number of languages. This vendor proved
> very
> > > good about answering questions and giving after-sale pointers. There
> are
> > > other dongle sellers on Ebay to choose from as well.
> > > -- Cary

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 11:21:58 PM

Good luck with it, David, Btw, I should clarify something. Although the
phone needs to be turned off during flashing, the phone still needs to have
a fully-charged battery in place during the process.. That's all I can
think of right now.
-- Cary.

news:p 9Kwc.15737$AU1.14364@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...

!