Sign in with
Your question

Led problem now...

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
April 25, 2002 2:11:46 AM

I don't think the IDE LED has ever worked on by ASUS A7V MoBo, but now, I'm sure it doesn't. I plugged it in at the exact spot described in the booklet (the guys who built my computer when I bought it had plugged it somewhere else...), but nothing happens. Does anyone know the real place for this LED? (explaining should be fun...)

More about : led problem

April 25, 2002 3:15:10 AM

If it doesn't work at that jumper in one direction, flip it around.

Bryan

<font color=red><A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">btvillarin.com</A> - My Windows XP-based Website</font color=red>
April 25, 2002 4:15:09 AM

In the manual page 14 bottom right of the motherboard layout picture, above the Panel it say IDELED. That's it, if doesn't work then what dude said, flip the plug around and see (can flip it while system runing). Led's work only one way.

<font color=red>We born naked and screaming, then it gets worse.</font color=red>
Related resources
April 25, 2002 6:47:58 AM

Thanks for the elaboration... :wink:

<font color=red><A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">btvillarin.com</A> - My Windows XP-based Website</font color=red>
Anonymous
April 26, 2002 4:54:37 AM

I tried that exact spot, and reversed too, to no avail. I had tried that with the old case, with no more success. Unless of course the switching actually fried the leds...
April 26, 2002 2:36:21 PM

take the power led, put a small wire into one end, slide the other over the led connector, touch the wire to the other ideled connector and see if it light up when using hard drive or cd-rom,turn it around if still doesn't work. if nothing help then it could be a screwed connector. No biggie, just one less light, only visual loss (I don't even look at the led).

the wire needed because the power led connector 1 bigger than the drive led connector

if I'm not clear then let me know, will take pictures. :) 

<font color=red>We born naked and screaming, then it gets worse.</font color=red>
!