Dragon+ Sound vs. Other Sound Cards

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
I was wondering... I have a Soyo Dragon Plus and I am using the integrated sound card that it comes with. The sound card supports 4.1 and 5.1 sound. I am using only the main Left/Right output with 2 speakers and a subwoofer. These 2 speakers are connected to a powered subwoofer, which in turn is connected to the computer. It has the best sound I have ever heard in any one of my computers. I was wondering, how much better would the sound get if I get a high quality soundcard like the Audigy or others? Or should I try the 5.1 sound from the integrated soundcard, before considering getting a new Sound card? Would there be much of a difference? What sound card would you recommend.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'd recommend a Hercules Game Theater XP or Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. The Audigy isn't known for it's sound quality.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

I've got the same Motherboard as you, I had purchased the Audigy Gamer and was using it on my previous MB before I bought the Dragon + I've tried both and there is a definite difference between the two, after comparing the two I disabled my onboard sound and I'm running the Audigy Gamer instead.