Sign in with
Your question

Cant boot windows

Last response: in Windows 7
April 2, 2012 7:49:30 AM

I cant boot windows 7 after an install of Fedora 16. Grub2 shows both Windows 7 and Windows Recovery Environment. Neither of which work. When windows tries to boot up, i get an error of 0xc0000225. Windows repair disk cant find the original OS installed, and looking for the driver is giving me a migrane. I have tried repairing the startup with no avail, i have tried using Ultimate Boot CD but that thing just confuses me. Please help

More about : boot windows

April 2, 2012 6:37:14 PM

Actually GRUB2 is listing both Windows 7 and Windows Runtime Environment. So they are able to find the OS when in Grub. however windows wont fully boot. It gives a BSoD with error message 0xc0000225. Now, i have come to understand that my fedora install overwrote my Windows recovery partition.

When the OS isnt showing up is when i boot windows via the repair disk or installation cd. Since no hard drives are mounting when i boot from those CD's it cant find the OS. I ran a cmd prompt and tried to cd C:\ . when ido that it acts like it works, but then just keeps my drive in X:\ the printout looks like this.

x:\system > cd c:\
c:\

x:\system >

m
l
!