Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is it possible to install file sharing downloaders on a NAS?

Last response: in Networking
May 2, 2012 8:00:22 AM

Hi
I am networking newbie.

I want to know if I can install file sharing site downloaders like jdownloader,skymonk,cryptload etc on a NAS to use it as a standalone downloader??
May 2, 2012 10:02:47 AM

That depends on what NAS you are using. Some support things like this, but it's completely specific to the device you are using.
m
l
May 2, 2012 10:24:16 AM

tomatthe said:
That depends on what NAS you are using. Some support things like this, but it's completely specific to the device you are using.

Actually I am about to buy a nas setup,so can you help me which setup will suit my needs??? :??: 
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 12:13:12 PM

Narrow down what you are looking for, and then check them to see if it supports whatever service it is you need. Google comes up with lots of information on this, but I don't have a particular one to recommend.
m
l

Best solution

May 2, 2012 5:36:42 PM

darksmart said:
Hi
I am networking newbie.

I want to know if I can install file sharing site downloaders like jdownloader,skymonk,cryptload etc on a NAS to use it as a standalone downloader??

Generally no, you need a PC for that. You can build a low power PC to do that, but as to what you need, that is for a different forum section.
May 12, 2012 5:51:27 AM

Best answer selected by darksmart.
m
l
!