Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Free blu ray player software windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 2, 2012 7:52:18 AM

I have a Toshiba P770 Laptop that wont play Blu-Ray!, Please help.

More about : free blu ray player software windows

April 4, 2012 6:47:53 PM

how long have you owned it? will it play regular DVD's? if it will play normal dvd's and not the Blu-Ray then it's possible the laser that reads the Blu-Ray is no longer working as the blu ray laser and the normal dvd laser are two different things.
check and make sure the blu ray is working in another blu ray player as well, it may just be a bad disc.
m
l
April 4, 2012 7:17:39 PM

Appreciate your response, The Toshiba P770 is near new and a topline laptop with all the Bells & Whistles.
I have previously been able to play Blu-Ray!, that is until I installed the Windows8 Beta which I found very very disapointing and reinstalled Windows 7 which is much better, however my computer now has an inferiority complex and is cuasing me a few problems which I'm trying to fix.
m
l
Related resources
April 6, 2012 2:17:23 AM

did you do a factory restore or just load from a win 7 disk?
factory restore from the restore partition would have taken care of everything.
Windows 8 is still a baby and I dont suggest using it on a main PC or laptop.
I know the P770 is near new, but some were made with blu-ray and some lower end models were not, was just making sure.
m
l
April 6, 2012 12:48:19 PM

penguintech said:
did you do a factory restore or just load from a win 7 disk?
factory restore from the restore partition would have taken care of everything.
Windows 8 is still a baby and I dont suggest using it on a main PC or laptop.
I know the P770 is near new, but some were made with blu-ray and some lower end models were not, was just making sure.

Thanks for your continuing help, believe me that I need the assistance!.

Your very perceptive I did indeed load from a win 7 disc & I dont know how to do a factory restore!, any chance of giving me the information to allow me to attempt this.

My computer skills are intermediate at best as I'm a 66yr old Aussie battler!.

Thanks Klaus
m
l
May 17, 2012 7:46:42 PM

Klaus Turkovic said:
Thanks for your continuing help, believe me that I need the assistance!.

Your very perceptive I did indeed load from a win 7 disc & I dont know how to do a factory restore!, any chance of giving me the information to allow me to attempt this.

My computer skills are intermediate at best as I'm a 66yr old Aussie battler!.

Thanks Klaus

Go to The Toshiba support site, there you will find the Blu-Ray player software for download. Make sure you select your laptop model first.
m
l
March 13, 2013 9:40:46 PM

The choices are:

–> Free:
DAPlayer 1.0.1.9
KMPlayer 3.3.0.33
VLC media player 2.0.3

–> Commercial:
UFUSoft Blu-ray Player

I tried many free and "need to pay" media player including. I found UFUSoft Windows 8 Blu-ray Player is wonderful than other mainstream players. For Blu-ray playing ,the best is UFUSoft Blu-ray Player after compared with others; for mulitimedia playing, also is UFUSoft. I like the win8-like interface,no need to open a dialoge to select and confirm.
m
l

Best solution

April 1, 2014 1:35:46 AM

Have you tried VLC media player? It is a cross-platform Blu-ray player software and free to download and use. While it has some limitation in playing the commercial discs. Actually there is no good enough free Blu-ray software unless you pay.
!