Free blu ray player software windows 7

how long have you owned it? will it play regular DVD's? if it will play normal dvd's and not the Blu-Ray then it's possible the laser that reads the Blu-Ray is no longer working as the blu ray laser and the normal dvd laser are two different things.
check and make sure the blu ray is working in another blu ray player as well, it may just be a bad disc.

Klaus Turkovic

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Appreciate your response, The Toshiba P770 is near new and a topline laptop with all the Bells & Whistles.
I have previously been able to play Blu-Ray!, that is until I installed the Windows8 Beta which I found very very disapointing and reinstalled Windows 7 which is much better, however my computer now has an inferiority complex and is cuasing me a few problems which I'm trying to fix.

did you do a factory restore or just load from a win 7 disk?
factory restore from the restore partition would have taken care of everything.
Windows 8 is still a baby and I dont suggest using it on a main PC or laptop.
I know the P770 is near new, but some were made with blu-ray and some lower end models were not, was just making sure.

Klaus Turkovic

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

Thanks for your continuing help, believe me that I need the assistance!.

Your very perceptive I did indeed load from a win 7 disc & I dont know how to do a factory restore!, any chance of giving me the information to allow me to attempt this.

My computer skills are intermediate at best as I'm a 66yr old Aussie battler!.

Thanks Klaus

dfraase

Honorable
May 17, 2012

Go to The Toshiba support site, there you will find the Blu-Ray player software for download. Make sure you select your laptop model first.

geekneeze

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
The choices are:

–> Free:
DAPlayer 1.0.1.9
KMPlayer 3.3.0.33
VLC media player 2.0.3

–> Commercial:
UFUSoft Blu-ray Player

I tried many free and "need to pay" media player including. I found UFUSoft Windows 8 Blu-ray Player is wonderful than other mainstream players. For Blu-ray playing ,the best is UFUSoft Blu-ray Player after compared with others; for mulitimedia playing, also is UFUSoft. I like the win8-like interface,no need to open a dialoge to select and confirm.