dork_police

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hello,

I have run into a weird problem at work. Both Pc's are running windows 7

We have a EFT PC that is not on the domain and then a printer that is shared on a domain pc.
I had to format/reinstall the domain PC this morning because the lady got herself a nast virus (but thats not the issue), now after I had reinstalled the pc and put it back to her desk, I installed the printer as usual and everthing went smooth.

Now the Printer needs to be shared on 2 pc's (one also on the domain and then the EFT PC).

So I add the printer onto the domain PC and it works like a charm. Then I go to the EFT PC and want to add the Printer, however when I browse to the respective PC then I get told "You may not have the required rights to acces the PC". I am not even asked a Username and Password.

The weird thing is, is that it when I had removed the EFT PC from the domain it worked like a charm.
So if you can think of anything that would help me with the problem I would appreciate it.

Sorry if the description is weird, but I do not know how else to describe my problem.

dork_police

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I have googled a lot, to say the least, got this weird site (in chines, thx google translate ^^) anyway, translated it and they said what one can try is creating a "mapped network drive" to a shared folder on the domain pc and then connect to the pc through that drive. I tried it, and it works.

Anyway thanks for the answer sk1939