XP Pro crashes when syncronizing Visor Platinum

April 26, 2004 2:29:15 AM

I just installed the Handspring Palm Desktop and tried to syncronize
my Visor Platinum. Each time I try it gets part way through the
process and then the desktop crashes. I'm running Windows XP Media
Center Edition 2004. Using a USB cradle to syncronize. I sure could
use some help with this one.

Thanks in advance,
Don

April 26, 2004 3:42:55 AM

By "crashes" I mean the computer does a "restart".
Don

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:29:15 -0700, Don <no@adr.com> wrote:

>I just installed the Handspring Palm Desktop and tried to syncronize
>my Visor Platinum. Each time I try it gets part way through the
>process and then the desktop crashes. I'm running Windows XP Media
>Center Edition 2004. Using a USB cradle to syncronize. I sure could
>use some help with this one.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Don

>-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

April 26, 2004 11:35:10 AM

Don <no@adr.com> wrote:
> By "crashes" I mean the computer does a "restart".

First of all, make sure that your computer isn't set to automatically reboot
in case of system errors. In System Properties, go to the Advanced tab, and
check the Startup and Recovery settings.

If that's the case, uncheck it and note what the error is the next time.
That can give you valuable information as to exactly what crashes, and why.

If that was not the case, it's likely to be a hardware problem on your
system. The most likely culprit is the power supply (especially in a Media
Center PC) not handling the extra up-to-0.5A that the USB port pulls, but
that's not a certainty.

Regards,
--
*Art
April 26, 2004 11:35:11 AM

Bingo! Removing "Automatically Restart" fixed the problem. Thanks
Art, you're great!
Don