Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Edit .TIVO files??

Tags:
  • Ptv Tivo
  • Tivo
  • Video
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
July 28, 2005 2:37:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.


Thanks

More about : edit tivo files

July 28, 2005 2:37:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:37:31 GMT, JimBob <no@email.comm> wrote:

>
>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>
>
>Thanks


I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good. I'm looking a other commercial packages
because I want more options.
@charter.net (hlherron)
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:36:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

>>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>
>>
>>Thanks
>
>
>I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good.

What's the trick to get TMPGEnc (plus v2.5) to recognize them as being valid
files to edit? I keep getting a "illegal mpeg video stream" error, other mpgs
work fine.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:39:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I would like to edit files my tivo creates and create tv episodes without
the commercials. I have yet to find software capable of doing so. Any ideas?

-John C
<jstlucas at hotmail dot com @delete.thisstuff (Joe St. Lucas)> wrote in
message news:o pYFe.158871$go.4168@fed1read05...
>>>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>>
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>
>>
>>I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good.
>
> What's the trick to get TMPGEnc (plus v2.5) to recognize them as being
> valid
> files to edit? I keep getting a "illegal mpeg video stream" error, other
> mpgs
> work fine.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:05:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

JimBob wrote:
> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>
>
> Thanks
if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
import into your favorite video editor
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:31:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
..tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much easier...

http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

Steve Ball wrote:
> JimBob wrote:
>
>> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>
> if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
> will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
> import into your favorite video editor
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:53:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I tried this. The problem is it does not recognize any of the files that my
tivo creates. AFter I burn the dvd and tried to read it from the tivo
created disk the files are still unrecognized.

I am beginngin to regret ever having bought this machine.

-John C
"Jerry Albro" <jerry@albro.org> wrote in message
news:hQOGe.2881$GN5.1115@trndny08...
> DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
> .tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much
> easier...
>
> http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm
>
> Steve Ball wrote:
>> JimBob wrote:
>>
>>> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
>> will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
>> import into your favorite video editor
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:37:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I think I may have missed an earlier message of yours. You have a tivo
with built-in dvd-r? I've not had too much luck converting dvds to mpegs
for editing.

What I have done is use the tivo to go software to get .tivo files on my
pc, convert to mpeg, edit and burn a dvd on the pc dvd burner.

If you are using the tivo with dvd burner, I don't think I can
personally help...

John C wrote:
> I tried this. The problem is it does not recognize any of the files that my
> tivo creates. AFter I burn the dvd and tried to read it from the tivo
> created disk the files are still unrecognized.
>
> I am beginngin to regret ever having bought this machine.
>
> -John C
> "Jerry Albro" <jerry@albro.org> wrote in message
> news:hQOGe.2881$GN5.1115@trndny08...
>
>>DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
>>.tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much
>>easier...
>>
>>http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm
>>
>>Steve Ball wrote:
>>
>>>JimBob wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>>>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
>>>will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
>>>import into your favorite video editor
>
>
>
!