I cannot boot my PC

CraneDrop

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
As I got some itchy hand, now my pc won't boot up. Not even to bios.

What I did was update my bios to the latest version. Update successful but cant get into windows. Halfway to starting windows, restarts itself.

Thinking the rom from Asus disc was the earlier version. I tried install that one. But now even boot up I cant get into.

Please help me reolve this. Any help will be appreciated.

FYI:
MOBO: ASUS M5A97 PRO
CPU: AMD FX-4100
GPU: ATI RADEON HD5670
RAM: 4GB RAM DDR3
HDD: Seagate 1 TB

^ Sounds like he can NOT get into bios so can not do. And yes that was probably his initial problem - The BIOS update changed the BIOS setting for His HDD and would have been a simple fix - But not NOW.

Try:
1) turn rocker switch on PSU to Off
2) Remove CMOS Battery and short pins for CMOS reset (Double check manual on how to Clear CMOS). May Not really need to remove battery, just an added precaution.
3) Remove clear CMOS Jumper, Insert CMOS battery, Tyrn PSU rocker switch back on and Try.

If you still can not get into BIOS, most likely you have "bricked" your BIOS and will need to contact MB manuf.

^ And How does he do this if he can NOT load the Bios??

CraneDrop. If you can not recover from the Bios mishap, yes that is what will be required. But before you go that route you need to:
1) As I mentioned try clearing CMOS.
2) Check Asus MB support website to see if they have a suggestion.
3) Look at BIOS chip, If it is a Plug in chip (most are soldered to the MB), then you may be able to order a replacement Bios Chip. If Soldered in, I would recommend sending the MB back to Asus for repair. Although you may find a local shop to remove and replace this IC, I'm leary of local repair shops doing this.

CraneDrop

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Tried clearing cmos. Still didnt fix it.
Checked the website, cant find any relevant data or I might have missed one.
Bios chip is a plug in model, so I guess I will have to replace the chip.