Equivalent for BC240B transistor?

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
Share
January 17, 2005 11:08:53 AM

Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?
Any rough match and it's compliment would do to repair a dc supply
section.
Seems to be PNP, TO-220 package, -80v, -2A, 30W.
I seem to be getting some European and Japanese 25 yr old units with
lots of "obsolete" parts. I'm sure it's me but the internet seems to
be far less useful than it was for this kind of thing. Is there a
cd-rom or hard copy reference to older replacement parts for people
doing this kind of work? I look for modern rough pinout, package and
specification equivalents not "vintage" parts.
Thanks for your time.
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 4:59:43 PM

Hello,

Are you sure its a BC240B, not a BD240B? If it is, then the US
equivalent is a TIP30B, and I would go for the "C" version which is the
100V rated part. You could also go up a step to the TIP32C. There are
lots of other decent subs as well.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

tarzan wrote:

> Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?
> Any rough match and it's compliment would do to repair a dc supply
> section.
> Seems to be PNP, TO-220 package, -80v, -2A, 30W.
> I seem to be getting some European and Japanese 25 yr old units with
> lots of "obsolete" parts. I'm sure it's me but the internet seems to
> be far less useful than it was for this kind of thing. Is there a
> cd-rom or hard copy reference to older replacement parts for people
> doing this kind of work? I look for modern rough pinout, package and
> specification equivalents not "vintage" parts.
> Thanks for your time.
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 5:00:13 PM

tarzan wrote:

> Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?
> Any rough match and it's compliment would do to repair a dc supply
> section.
> Seems to be PNP, TO-220 package, -80v, -2A, 30W.
> I seem to be getting some European and Japanese 25 yr old units with
> lots of "obsolete" parts. I'm sure it's me but the internet seems to
> be far less useful than it was for this kind of thing. Is there a
> cd-rom or hard copy reference to older replacement parts for people
> doing this kind of work? I look for modern rough pinout, package and
> specification equivalents not "vintage" parts.
> Thanks for your time.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 5:00:31 PM

tarzan wrote:

> Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?
> Any rough match and it's compliment would do to repair a dc supply
> section.
> Seems to be PNP, TO-220 package, -80v, -2A, 30W.
> I seem to be getting some European and Japanese 25 yr old units with
> lots of "obsolete" parts. I'm sure it's me but the internet seems to
> be far less useful than it was for this kind of thing. Is there a
> cd-rom or hard copy reference to older replacement parts for people
> doing this kind of work? I look for modern rough pinout, package and
> specification equivalents not "vintage" parts.
> Thanks for your time.
January 17, 2005 11:42:56 PM

> Equivalent for BC240B transistor in usa?

BC240C is a hard one to find data on!

One source suggests:

BC240 = 2N4058

But that doesn't ie up with the TO-220 package. And then the 4058 is equiv
to a BC214L :-(

Are you sure it's a BC240B?

Al.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 11:01:38 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:59:43 GMT, Tim Schwartz
<toschwartz@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Are you sure its a BC240B, not a BD240B? If it is, then the US
>equivalent is a TIP30B, and I would go for the "C" version which is the
>100V rated part. You could also go up a step to the TIP32C. There are
>lots of other decent subs as well.
>
>Regards,
>Tim Schwartz
>Bristol Electronics

Duh, Thanks Tim. You are correct. It's a BD240B. Mouser says the
NTE292 is a sub which they stock. onwards.

!