Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 readyboost compatible sd cards

Last response: in Windows 7
February 4, 2010 7:30:35 PM

can i use a Kingston 32GB class 4 sdhc flash memory card with windows 7 readyboost?
if i can - i will only allocate 24GB as i have 8gb of RAM.

would there be any improvement worth the effort???
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2010 3:59:48 AM

Generally I would say yes it will support Readyboost.
I would need the model number, you are interested in, to be more exact with my answer.

If you are considering buying it on line, please provide the link to the website of the card.
February 26, 2010 1:28:58 PM

Read some of the other forum posts on ReadyBoost. The consensus is that with 8GB of RAM you probably won't see a performance improvement.

The improvement you may see is in context menus.

That ReadyBoost may be a real help for systems with a marginal amount of memory (2GB) and some help for systems with 4GB (3GB if you are using the 32-bit version).

Most of the posts don't speak to 32 vs 64 bit versions.

I have a laptop with 2GB using 32-bit Win 7. I loaned my ReadyBoost card to someone to use and noticed some aspects of my system responding slower. So I'm going to buy an 8GB SDHC "Ultra" card (Class 6?) and see if it helps. If it doesn't I've got another card for my camera.
July 11, 2010 5:31:49 PM

To BlueCat57: How did the SDHC "Ultra" card work out with Readboost?

Thanks, Pete
BlueCat57 said:
Read some of the other forum posts on ReadyBoost. The consensus is that with 8GB of RAM you probably won't see a performance improvement.

The improvement you may see is in context menus.

That ReadyBoost may be a real help for systems with a marginal amount of memory (2GB) and some help for systems with 4GB (3GB if you are using the 32-bit version).

Most of the posts don't speak to 32 vs 64 bit versions.

I have a laptop with 2GB using 32-bit Win 7. I loaned my ReadyBoost card to someone to use and noticed some aspects of my system responding slower. So I'm going to buy an 8GB SDHC "Ultra" card (Class 6?) and see if it helps. If it doesn't I've got another card for my camera.

!