Closed

Disable GPRS on T630?

Is there any way of disabling GPRS on the T630? I hate the instant
access button and all the menu features that immediately try to
connect and would like to disable the whole thing (at least for now).
Help?
12 answers Last reply
More about disable gprs t630

    nojunk_fixitdik@hotmail.com (fixitdik) wrote:

    > Is there any way of disabling GPRS on the T630? I hate the
    > instant access button and all the menu features that immediately
    > try to connect and would like to disable the whole thing (at
    > least for now). Help?

    A workaround: Set a password for GPRS connection.

    M.

    "Michael Pronay" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > nojunk_fixitdik@hotmail.com (fixitdik) wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any way of disabling GPRS on the T630? I hate the
    > > instant access button and all the menu features that immediately
    > > try to connect and would like to disable the whole thing (at
    > > least for now). Help?
    >
    > A workaround: Set a password for GPRS connection.
    >
    > M.

    What happened to setting the preferred service to "GSM only" as opposed to
    "GSM and GPRS".

    This way the phone won't look for a GPRS connection.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.

    > A workaround: Set a password for GPRS connection.
    >
    > M.

    What happened to setting the preferred service to "GSM only" as opposed to
    "GSM and GPRS".

    Where can I find this option (what menu-items?)

    "sjonnie" <sjonnie@worldmail.nl> wrote in message
    > > A workaround: Set a password for GPRS connection.
    > >
    > > M.
    >
    > What happened to setting the preferred service to "GSM only" as opposed to
    > "GSM and GPRS".
    >

    > Where can I find this option (what menu-items?)

    Main menu>connectivity>Data comm.>Preferred service.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:25:12 -0700, fixitdik wrote:

    > Is there any way of disabling GPRS on the T630? I hate the instant
    > access button and all the menu features that immediately try to
    > connect and would like to disable the whole thing (at least for now).
    > Help?

    Remove the service provider's GPRS profiles/settings completely.
    No GPRS profiles/settings = Disabled GPRS.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    > Main menu>connectivity>Data comm.>Preferred service.
    >
    > Hope this helps,

    I'm sorry but it doesn't. This menu-option is set on my phone to GSM only
    but GPRS still works.

    > > Main menu>connectivity>Data comm.>Preferred service.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps,
    > >

    > I'm sorry but it doesn't. This menu-option is set on my phone to GSM only
    > but GPRS still works.

    Hmmm, interesting.

    That should remove the GPRS indicator above the reception meter - oh well,
    you'll have to get in touch with your network then.

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.

    Hello
    I think it is because the name GSM is only a name for the connection

    abl

    "sjonnie" <sjonnie@worldmail.nl> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > Main menu>connectivity>Data comm.>Preferred service.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps,
    > >

    > I'm sorry but it doesn't. This menu-option is set on my phone to GSM only
    > but GPRS still works.

    > Remove the service provider's GPRS profiles/settings completely.
    > No GPRS profiles/settings = Disabled GPRS.

    Where can I find this? Which menu-item?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    > > Remove the service provider's GPRS profiles/settings completely.
    > > No GPRS profiles/settings = Disabled GPRS.
    >
    > Where can I find this? Which menu-item?

    Menu>Connectivity>Data comm.>Data accounts
    Highlight each account you wish to kill and press "C"
    HTH
    --
    Cheers, Steve.
    Change from jealous to sad to reply.