Sign in with
Your question

How do i reinstall windows 7 to my laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
April 2, 2012 12:56:03 PM

how do i reinstall windows 7 to my laptop when have no operating disks or anything, only have product key on bottom of laptop
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 2, 2012 1:33:11 PM

Is your current windows 7 working OK? Do you have a problem with win 7 that requires reloading it.

A) If Win7 is working fine, then:
Best method is to use windows 7 backup function (located in windows control panel. This will allow you to create a image file that can be placed on DVDs (3 or more), or onto a backup external HDD. Once you have created the backup you will be prompted to make a "Bootable" repair Disk. Using this Back-up is better than re-installing win 7 as it will restore your "C" drive to the same configuration as when you made this back-up. You will NOT have to reload drivers, reload programs, reactivate - about a 15 min task to completely restore windows 7.

B) If your windows 7 currently is corrupted and can NOT do above, then:
1) will need to order a Installation disk from manuf, OR
2) Barrow a copy of Windows 7, perform a CUSTOM installation (DO NOT enter your Lic Key during the Installation). You will then need to go to the laptop Maunf website and download/install the drivers for your laptop. When completed installation, then activate by entering your Key that is on the bottom of the laptop. THEN PERFORM step A
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 2, 2012 2:05:36 PM

most laptops have a hidden recovery partition

for example acer laptops press alt + f10 during post

or if your laptop is still bootable press f8 during post--select repair my pc then look for a recovery option

though this will set it back to factory defaults

whats the make and model number?
Related resources
March 30, 2013 4:41:58 PM

mcnumpty23 said:

or if your laptop is still bootable press f8 during post--select repair my pc then look for a recovery option

Hey I have a Vaio C series: http://www.sony.co.nz/support/product/vpccb35fg/faq (Green not orange)
And i need to reinstall windows (corupt)
whats the best way to go about doing this???
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 31, 2013 4:48:09 AM

thomas27 said:
mcnumpty23 said:

Hey I have a Vaio C series: http://www.sony.co.nz/support/product/vpccb35fg/faq (Green not orange)
And i need to reinstall windows (corupt)
whats the best way to go about doing this???

if your laptop is still bootable press f8 during post--select repair my pc then look for a recovery option

or press f10 as its starting for the recovery partition

or if you can get into windows there should be a sony recovery program as well

!