Sign in with
Your question

New Case for Dell L Series

Last response: in Components
April 29, 2002 2:39:32 AM

I realize now that I was penny wise and pound foolish when I bought a Dell Dimension L-1000 for my daughter to use at college. Expansion? Fuhgetaboutit. Power? A whopping 125 watts. Bays? Only if there's a full moon.
As I'm cheap, I'd rather buy a new case with a decent (250 watt+) power supply. Any suggestions? Is it even possible to put a Dell mobo into another case? THANKS!!

I know enuff to be dangerous. :tongue:

More about : case dell series

April 29, 2002 4:28:46 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that I read somewhere that Dell wires thier power supplies different. A different power supply would fry the dell board. If you get a new PSU, I believe you would have to get a new mobo.

If you can find it on the internet, it HAS to be true! :smile:
April 29, 2002 9:38:58 PM

my friend tried a new motehrbaord in a dell becuase the old one died. it blew the power supply out luckly not the board

what is better then a 7000 rpm, a 8000 rpm delta. to cause more noise to kill your ears :smile:
Related resources
April 30, 2002 4:58:29 AM

Dell uses proprietary parts so you can't. The powersupply, motherboard, and case are proprietary. You'll have to replace all three.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
!