Stereo line-out to USB in?

Last response: in Home Audio
January 21, 2005 3:39:32 PM

Hi

I've tried for ages to find a cable that allows me to connect my
digital radio's line-out to my PC's USB port so I can record digital
radio programmes - does anyone know exactly what I'd be looking for and
also know of any companies (pref. UK) that sell any such cables?
Many thanks.

More about : stereo line usb

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:04:25 PM

The USB port works something like an RS-422 port but is much faster. The
protocols of these two are very different. There would be the necessity of
some type of conversion of the format. I would guess that this would not be
feasible, and that is why you would not find an adaptor for this.

If your radio has the standard digital audio output, it should work with the
digital port on a sound card, providing that the sound card has this option.
There are higher end models of sound cards, and also digital card options
that can be purchased for computers. You would have to shop around to find
what you need.

--

Jerry G.
=====

<gforce145@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi

I've tried for ages to find a cable that allows me to connect my
digital radio's line-out to my PC's USB port so I can record digital
radio programmes - does anyone know exactly what I'd be looking for and
also know of any companies (pref. UK) that sell any such cables?
Many thanks.

January 22, 2005 10:28:50 AM

<gforce145@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've tried for ages to find a cable that allows me to connect my
> digital radio's line-out to my PC's USB port so I can record digital
> radio programmes - does anyone know exactly what I'd be looking for
> and
> also know of any companies (pref. UK) that sell any such cables?

Edirol UA-5
January 22, 2005 11:01:27 AM

> I've tried for ages to find a cable that allows me to connect my
> digital radio's line-out to my PC's USB port...

http://www.xitel.com/

Xitel INport: line level to USB
Xitel HiFi-Link: USB to line level
Xitel HiFi-Link Pro: USB to line level or SPDIF

I use the HiFi-Link, it works much, much better than my sound card.

The cables alone are worth the price, Xitel products are a bargain.
!