ItsNay

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I'm currently running a 50mb/s down cable internet plan and am having issues with my current router due to frequent disconnects which to fix I need to manually power cycle the router, updating the firmware and re-configuring failed me so I'm back on the market for a new one.

What I currently have is a DLink DIR-632.

I'm in an old 2story house with no concrete between the floors.
the router will be on the very bottom (basement) and I'll be on the top floor on wireless.

What I need:
Very respectable range (This is the main thing I'm looking for)
Nothing more than 4 ports wired
Prefer to have gigabit ports
User-friendly Web UI for port forwarding/home administration
Budget of roughly 130.00

No USB is necessary, the faster boosts to media streaming and such would all be a plus as I am frequently putting my bandwidth under heavy load but are not mandatory. I'm mainly after a nice balance of range, performance and longevity here.

Any insight would be great, I tend to favor Linksys, but I'd gladly go to another brand since they're all pretty similar. I'm not opposed to buying another D-Link model, as long as it has a good track record and meets my requirements.

ItsNay

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Thanks a bunch for pointing me in the right direction.
I took the time to do some research on all of the above and decided to place an order for the RT56U, most of the reviews seem fairly positive and praise the range, so I'm going to take your and their advice and go with that, the others seemed pretty good as well but I liked a lot of the features the Asus was packing including the network map and am not too bothered by slow updating of changed settings as I'm not running a business where time is money.

sk1939

Distinguished

No problem, glad to have helped.