HDD Query

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
January 24, 2005 12:13:11 AM

Looking at upgrading a couple of the drives in my system . . . . audio
drive and sample storage drive. Looking for opinions on the current
crop (say, vs the WD Caviar SE's that I'm replacing . . . . one
dying, other a bit too small). How are the new Maxtor DM10's or the
Seagate 7200.8 UATA's? Not much on the web. Both have interesting
spec's.
--

Monroe

More about : hdd query

January 24, 2005 2:58:12 AM

If your still searching you may want to try in the NG
(comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage).

Rick

"Monroe" <minburn1@telus.net> wrote in message
news:o 358v0la8c1qvmigpclh1i1373gob4253h@4ax.com...
> Looking at upgrading a couple of the drives in my system . . . . audio
> drive and sample storage drive. Looking for opinions on the current
> crop (say, vs the WD Caviar SE's that I'm replacing . . . . one
> dying, other a bit too small). How are the new Maxtor DM10's or the
> Seagate 7200.8 UATA's? Not much on the web. Both have interesting
> spec's.
> --
>
> Monroe
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 5:01:52 AM

www.storagereview.com

reviews, leaderboard, forum and a database of reliability info.

Personally, I think the Hitachi 7k250 series drives are the best bang
for the buck. 160GB for $80 or 250GB for $130. I have eight of the
250GB drives with a Broadcom BC4852 RAID card for redundant video
storage. 2TB total but 1.75TB useable in case of drive failure.
!