How do I know what GPRS speed/class my phone can support?

Last response: in Brands
June 24, 2004 7:29:17 AM

I have a R520m. How do I know how fast I can connect with GPRS provided that
the network supports? And the next question: How do I know what speed my
network supports?
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 12:03:38 AM

"P T Wang" <news1003@paultwang.com> wrote in message
> I have a R520m. How do I know how fast I can connect with GPRS provided
that
> the network supports? And the next question: How do I know what speed my
> network supports?

As far as I am aware the fastest GPRS connection is 112k bits per second ,
ISDN 128Kbs, Standard ADSL 512Kbs
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 12:03:39 AM

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:03:38 +0000 (UTC), "jonren57"
<jren57@emailaddress.com> wrote:

>"P T Wang" <news1003@paultwang.com> wrote in message
>> I have a R520m. How do I know how fast I can connect with GPRS provided
>that
>> the network supports? And the next question: How do I know what speed my
>> network supports?
>
>As far as I am aware the fastest GPRS connection is 112k bits per second ,
>ISDN 128Kbs, Standard ADSL 512Kbs

Except that I don't think the R520m allows more than 2 times slots for
the downlink, and one for the uplink, so download is restricted to
about 28kb, uplink to about 14.4kb
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 4:47:15 AM

"jonren57" <jren57@emailaddress.com> wrote in message

> "P T Wang" <news1003@paultwang.com> wrote in message
> > I have a R520m. How do I know how fast I can connect with GPRS provided
> that
> > the network supports? And the next question: How do I know what speed my
> > network supports?
>
> As far as I am aware the fastest GPRS connection is 112k bits per second ,
> ISDN 128Kbs, Standard ADSL 512Kbs

Isn't there certain classes of GPRS that a particular phone supports, which
limits its maximum possible speed?
!