Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Trendnet 633GR no wireless..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 16, 2012 3:56:49 PM

Hello,

I have a Trendnet 633GR wireless router. I was able to connect my other pc and laptop via wireless with no problems. Three days ago, I lost connection. I'm running dryloop dsl. So I called AT&T and they were able to re-established my connection via LAN cable. Now I can't connect via wireless. I went into trendnet's router setup page, on the wireless setup wizard page, I notice in one field it said enable wireless: OFF. I searched all over the router's setup page and couldn't find an option where I can enable wireless. I even did factory reset 3 times, still can't connection via wireless. What didn't I do or what did I do wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
April 19, 2012 12:51:37 AM

Some of these routers have a seperate wireless (WLAN) "ON/OFF" switch either on the back or on the side. Put this to "ON" position.
When you said you cannot connect via wireless, do you mean that you cannot "see" the router from the "available wireless conenction" screen or you can see it, but when you click to connect it won't connect after entering the correct password?
If the router's wireless is turned on, but you cannot see the router's name, then it is possible the wireless portion of the router failed. As far as I could see from trendnet's web site, their telephone support is free and available 24/7.

You may also want to cehck trendnet's web site and see if there is any updted firmware, but in general, if the prodcut does what I need, I normally would not upgrade the firmware.
April 20, 2012 1:38:02 PM

cali4devil said:
Some of these routers have a seperate wireless (WLAN) "ON/OFF" switch either on the back or on the side. Put this to "ON" position.
When you said you cannot connect via wireless, do you mean that you cannot "see" the router from the "available wireless conenction" screen or you can see it, but when you click to connect it won't connect after entering the correct password?
If the router's wireless is turned on, but you cannot see the router's name, then it is possible the wireless portion of the router failed. As far as I could see from trendnet's web site, their telephone support is free and available 24/7.

You may also want to cehck trendnet's web site and see if there is any updted firmware, but in general, if the prodcut does what I need, I normally would not upgrade the firmware.

Thank you for your input cali. I don't think my router has an on/off switch on the side or back. I can't see the router from the "available wireless connection" screen. I've had this router for over 2 years with no issues. I'll give Trendnet a call and hopefully they can resolve this issue. Thanks again.
Related resources
August 8, 2012 1:22:36 AM

The Trendnet 633GR has a physical On/Off switch for the wireless radio on the side of the unit.
a b F Wireless
August 8, 2012 1:24:44 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!