Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and XP drivers -- 4161 vs. 4193

Last response: in Home Audio
January 24, 2005 11:01:22 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc,rec.audio.tech,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech (More info?)

Hello,
If you're using the Santa Cruz sound card and are running XP, I'd like
to know if you're using the latest signed driver (v 4161) or the latest
unsigned driver (v 4193). My system seems to be more stable (i.e.
doesn't crash and reboot) with the the older driver, although the new
driver sounds better.

Of course, there are actually three driver: SC, SC WMA and the Game
Port. So I'm also thinking of updating just those one at a time to see
how I get optimal stability. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks,

Chris
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:06:10 PM

chmartin@mail.davidson.alumlink.com wrote:
> Hello,
> If you're using the Santa Cruz sound card and are running XP, I'd like
> to know if you're using the latest signed driver (v 4161) or the
> latest unsigned driver (v 4193). My system seems to be more stable
> (i.e. doesn't crash and reboot) with the the older driver, although
> the new driver sounds better.

4193. No problems at all for me (XP/SP2/AMD64). This is on a Videologic
Sonicfury card.

--

/mel/

np: 06 - 1996
January 25, 2005 5:35:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc,rec.audio.tech,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech (More info?)

I'm using v 4193 with the Turtle Beach SC with no problems under XP
Pro.

:
!