Methods for fixing busted female ethernet ports?

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Ive been wanting to replace my router for some time now but cant budget one right now. In the meantime its been killing me since none of the ethernet cables can clip in. The old location i had for it was causing the cables to get yanked out. Now even with new ethernet cables they dont clip in, and are very easy to slip out or fall out, especially with the way i want it to be mounted on the wall. Not having to constantly check if the ethernet cables are properly seated one be one less thing to worry about when my internet starts acting up, which happens way too often thanks to time warner. Gone thru several modems routers, gateway modems or what have you and time warner has always been a pain so its not my setup that causes the frequent connection problems.

So does anyone know of a temporary fix so that i could unplug and plug in ethernet cables of any kind have them clip back in like when the female plugs were fine? Or are there any solutions for keeping specific cords in there semi permanently?
- Thanks

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Thatll probably make it very hard to mount on the wall as it is, i couldnt use multiples of the regular zipties i have but i have a few big ones i can try with the small ones. Ill give it a shot, thanks.

Any other ideas?
Also can someone explain what exactly broke if they can? Not sure if its plastic metal or what, that snapped off.