T1 Router NAT & DHCP

crmdvm

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Can an Adtran T1 router be set up to be a firewall only and then have a wireless router behind it to handle NAT and DHCP to provide both wireless and wired internet to a network

sk1939

Distinguished

Are you asking if it can be set up to do a T1 handoff? Why would you want to put a wireless router behind it?

crmdvm

Honorable
May 5, 2012
My situation is this. I set up a wireless network in a museum consisting of 4 Apple Extremes. There is 1 wired base station, 2 wireless extenders and 1 wired extender. A DSL router was already in place providing NAT and DHCP through a switch to the LAN. I had no control over this so I had no choice but to set up the wireless network in bridge mode. It works great but I cannot use the guest network in this configuration. We are now getting a T1 line with an Adtran router. Again I have no control over this. In order for the Apple Extreme Base Station to provide both a private and a guest network, it cannot be behind a device providing NAT and DHCP. My question is, can the Adtran router be set up to provide security only and then have the Apple Extreme do the NAT and DHCP and provide both wireless and internet through the LAN switch. I am new at this so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

crmdvm

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Thank you for the quick response - I think that this will allow me to do exactly what I need to get my system up and running - it is very simple now that I think of it - I didn't know that the Adtran router could do it - thanks again!!!