Running cable through Sherwood RD-6108?

Last response: in Home Audio
January 25, 2005 6:52:21 PM

My receiver is a Sherwood RD-6108. I like it well enough but am
confused as to how to run my incoming cable into it so as to hear tv
programing over the stereo. Right now I just have the cable running
directly into the tv and sound coming over the tv speakers. Is there
any way to remedy this?

Thanks.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:22:44 AM

In article <1106697141.866989.255060@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
billy_bonds_mbe@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> My receiver is a Sherwood RD-6108. I like it well enough but am
> confused as to how to run my incoming cable into it so as to hear tv
> programing over the stereo. Right now I just have the cable running
> directly into the tv and sound coming over the tv speakers. Is there
> any way to remedy this?
>
> Thanks.

I went through this as well. You have two choices as far as I can see:

1) Get a TV with audio out (I chose this option)
2) Use a VCR as a tuner and bring the audio from the VCR into the
Sherwood. This works but requires a separate remote and I never use a
VCR anymore as I usually watch DVDs.

It seems to me that a true HT receiver should accept cable and be able
to act as a central distribution point for video and audio signals
alike. There's already an FM tuner in there, so how hard would it be to
have a cable tuner as well?

HTH
Edwin