Sign in with
Your question

Files backed up from vista 32bit, not visible in 7 64bit

Last response: in Windows 7
February 4, 2010 11:41:49 PM

First off, I apologize if this is answered somewhere else but I couldn't find anything.

Anyway. I have 4 hard drives. 3 of the same kind in RAID0 and one I put random storage in like torrents, movies, games, etc. I cleaned off Vista Home Premium for Windows 7 Premium 64 bit recently. Before that I backed up all of my music and documents (about a good 30GB worth) onto the other hard drive all in a folder named "BACKUP" in all caps. That was all I needed to save. Now I'm complete with the installation of Windows 7 and I go onto that hard drive to look for the folder. It's completely non-existent according to Windows 7. Not hidden or anything. But I know it's all there because before I put all of that stuff on it, my hard drive was at 236Gb full and Windows 7 reads it as 268GB full.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

help is extremely appreciated. this has been really frustrating...
February 6, 2010 2:47:42 AM

bump. . .
m
l
February 8, 2010 3:16:52 AM

man. every time i've come here i've gotten ignored. you guys really suck
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
February 8, 2010 4:14:05 AM

Do you still have an older computer to connect the drive to, and does the folder appear there?

I'm wondering if you have a permissions issue. Have you tried viewing the drive using an administrative account? How about this:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right-click on "Command Prompt" -> Run As Administrator

In the command prompt window, type "DIR X:\ /A:HS", where "X:\" is your drive letter (for example, if the drive is the "F:" drive, type: "DIR F:\ /A:HS").

Do you see the folder when you do that?
m
l
!