Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
April 30, 2002 1:59:45 PM

I just built a machine (Athlon 1700) and the power supply with the case is pretty noisy. The case fans are pretty quiet, but that power supply is getting on my nerves. I want at least a 350 watt; any suggestions for very quiet power supplies? Or are they all noisy?

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right!

More about : power supply advice

April 30, 2002 7:24:24 PM

Enermax, they're so quiet you will think it's off

<font color=red>We born naked and screaming, then it gets worse.</font color=red>
April 30, 2002 7:56:54 PM

I agree. Enermax PSUs are very quiet.
Related resources
April 30, 2002 9:25:38 PM

I have an Enermax ( EG651P-VE) and it is very quiet. I trust and recommend Enermax.

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol: 
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
April 30, 2002 11:35:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up buying an Enermax 350 watt, mainly based on the 'quiet' advice. I got it for $56, shipping included, so I will have a quiet machine in a few days! Again, thanks a amillion for the advice.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right!
May 1, 2002 2:11:29 AM

Why is my Enermax 550W so loud?

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.
May 1, 2002 3:51:29 AM

No idea why, my 550 idle nice and quiet. Maybe the fan speed is temperature controled and your box run warmer than mine, no clue and I'm not going to open it to see till I have warranty on it. :) 

<font color=red>We born naked and screaming, then it gets worse.</font color=red>
May 1, 2002 4:44:43 AM

My Enermax 550 is quiet. If that is your only exhaust from your case it will run
with both fans on high to get rid of the heat but even then it should not be loud.

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol: 
May 1, 2002 10:29:35 AM

with enermax PSU's i read a lot about active and passive PFC. what is it exactly ?

thx

GzG

Nerun