Power Supply Advice

G

I just built a machine (Athlon 1700) and the power supply with the case is pretty noisy. The case fans are pretty quiet, but that power supply is getting on my nerves. I want at least a 350 watt; any suggestions for very quiet power supplies? Or are they all noisy?

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right!

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Enermax, they're so quiet you will think it's off

<font color=red>We born naked and screaming, then it gets worse.</font color=red>

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I have an Enermax ( EG651P-VE) and it is very quiet. I trust and recommend Enermax.

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Another vote for Enermax!

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up buying an Enermax 350 watt, mainly based on the 'quiet' advice. I got it for $56, shipping included, so I will have a quiet machine in a few days! Again, thanks a amillion for the advice.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right!

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
No idea why, my 550 idle nice and quiet. Maybe the fan speed is temperature controled and your box run warmer than mine, no clue and I'm not going to open it to see till I have warranty on it. :)

<font color=red>We born naked and screaming, then it gets worse.</font color=red>

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
My Enermax 550 is quiet. If that is your only exhaust from your case it will run
with both fans on high to get rid of the heat but even then it should not be loud.

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol: