playcenter 3 under win2000

jjchen330ci

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2002
HI everyone,

I have problem. please help me out if you can and I wonder if anyone also has the same problem I had.

I brought a soundblaster audigy platinum for my system but...
playcenter software take about 2 ~ 5 min to open up vcd or audio cd. upon opening the program, click on the (open file or my computer icon in the playcenter). the program freeze.

it is sad that I have to use media player 7.1 to listen all my audio cd, power dvd player to watch vcd, winamp to listen to my mp3. all those program work on my system perfectly fine. this is killing me!

I have try to reinstall win2000 and load only the video card drive, soundblaster driver and play center program. as the result, playcenter just freeze up (or take about 2 ~ 5 min) before it will open up!!!! (I did download all the update driver from the download selection.)

my system configuration is as following:

Asus A7V333 with raid controller
(onboard sound and raid controller disable)
AMD 1900+ xp
256MB PC2700 DDR
Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller
1 SCSI 9.1GB ultra wide IBM HD (C: NTSF)
1 SCSI 9.1GB ultra wide WD HD (D: NTSF)
1 Plextor SCSI 40x ultra wide CD-ROM (E:)
1 YAMAHA SCSI 8x4x24x CD-RW (F:)
1 80GB WD IDE HD (G:)
Asus 7700 Geforce 2 GTS 32MB AGP
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
3COM Network Card

I believe there is nothing to do with hardware at all, since if I use other program to watch vcd or listening to music. everything is fine. however, if i try to do those thing by using playcenter.... playcenter will freeze and not respon at all.

please help me.....

JJ CHEN

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Another shining example of Creative's inability to make decent software.

Don't worry, it's not your fault. I have a SB Live! and could never get any software from Creative to work. Nothing.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.