Tivo to Go for my DirecTivo!!

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
August 23, 2005 4:42:14 PM

I want to get Tivo to go for my DirecTivo Series 2 reciever, will they
ver release?

More about : tivo directivo

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:33:56 AM

In article <1124826134.189215.185600@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Murph" <murphym21@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I want to get Tivo to go for my DirecTivo Series 2 reciever, will they
> ver release?

No but one can hack it in there if they want.

http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:33:57 AM

Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php

Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did this
then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I allowed it to do
a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

--
Stephen Harris
usenet@spuddy.org

On 2005-08-23, Murph <murphym21@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to get Tivo to go for my DirecTivo Series 2 reciever, will they
> ver release?

Do you actually want 'TiVo to go' or do you want to be able to download
shows off of your TiVo? 'TiVo to go' is _very_ slow compared to just
hacking your box to enable the use of the network which would allow you to
download shows.

I do not believe DirecTV will ever give you the capability of having a
supported 'TiVo to go' feature.

--
This is my .sig
August 24, 2005 1:45:47 AM

* Stephen Harris Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

> Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
>
> Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did
> this then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I
> allowed it to do a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

That hack turns off updates but yes you would be downgraded to 4. Since
DTV never had 4 you might find it has enough of what you want EXCEPT
the speed up menus
--
David
Anonymous

In article <aa2ged.9dn.ln@spuddy.org>,
usenet@spuddy.org (Stephen Harris) wrote:

> Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
>
> Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did this
> then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I allowed it to do
> a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

The hacks preclude your Tivo from upgrading.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 6:22:08 AM

Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <aa2ged.9dn.ln@spuddy.org>,
> usenet@spuddy.org (Stephen Harris) wrote:

> > Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
> >
> > Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did this
> > then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I allowed it to do
> > a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

> The hacks preclude your Tivo from upgrading.

Yes, I know. That's why I said "allowed" :-)

What I meant was that if I _wanted_ to have 6.2 (ie remove the
softwareupgrade=false parameter) then it would remove all the hacks as
well and I'd end up with a generic 6.2 system again.

--
!