Sign in with
Your question

Internet Connection Problems when i turn my PC on.

Last response: in Networking
May 6, 2012 8:28:35 AM

Hello,
Yesterday 05.05.2012 i faced a big problem. I had 2 computers and my cousin was surfing the internet with one of them. I turned on my other computer and the computer that i was going to use had no internet connection. Google Chrome said that it had something to do with the DNS Server. I was not quite sure about the problem. After a while the internet from the computer that my cousin was using lost connection. Then it came back. The problems were happening randomly. When i turned off my PC the internet worked for my cousin.. please help me with this issue.
And by the way i am using a PC not a laptop or either a notebook. And i have the internet cable wired. and also i have double checked for problems and the computer seems to say it is a DNS problem. pls help just ask me if you need any other information. Thanks in Advanced..
May 6, 2012 10:34:47 AM

how are the computers connected to the modem?
m
l
May 7, 2012 4:26:37 PM

by wire ofcourse and by the way i forgot to say that my parents have a place where people come to call their family and we get paid... and we have one computer and 3 other phones... all the computers are connected to the same network. So if my computer is turned on the calling will be interrupted and that would be a big problem... I have been trying to find a solution but i could not find a solution so i think that tomshardware could help me =) so thnx in advance
m
l
Related resources
May 7, 2012 4:41:42 PM

what kind of wire? USB or network cable

what kind of modem is it? make and model

do you have a router?
m
l
May 9, 2012 8:14:41 AM

well it is connected by a network cable and is connected to a modem name is PLANET ADN 4000A... if you need anything just ask
m
l
May 16, 2012 7:15:29 AM

well i just formatted my PC and its all good now i think it was a problem of a virus.
m
l
May 16, 2012 10:20:48 AM

Mazin6341 said:
well it is connected by a network cable and is connected to a modem name is PLANET ADN 4000A... if you need anything just ask

If you got message like "Can't communicate with modem" then check all the modem cables and power capacity. Now go to the control panel and Device Manager that help to solve your problem. I think PC card is also define the the right belief of PCMCIA modems.
m
l
!