K700i - can't even read a text file

Tags:
  • Ericsson
Last response: in Brands
June 28, 2004 12:56:12 PM

Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
files.

I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.

Any ideas or suggestions?

More about : k700i read text file

Anonymous
June 29, 2004 6:27:07 AM

"DAC" <e_visible@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D a845f2b.0406280756.3f1f389b@posting.google.com...
> Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
> bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
> or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
> files.
>
> I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

Read it on your PDA
June 29, 2004 9:01:44 AM

"tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "DAC" <e_visible@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:D a845f2b.0406280756.3f1f389b@posting.google.com...
> > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
> > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
> > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
> > files.
> >
> > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Read it on your PDA

Ideas or suggesions? Yes, buy a smart phone! You need PDA-type
functionality, not a normal phone. If you want to stay with SE try the P900,
or maybe go for a Series 60 device like the Sendo X, one of the Nokia
versions, Samsungs etc, etc.
June 29, 2004 9:25:18 AM

"tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<2kbur5Fiq3eU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "DAC" <e_visible@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:D a845f2b.0406280756.3f1f389b@posting.google.com...
> > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
> > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
> > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
> > files.
> >
> > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Read it on your PDA

That, I've already done on my XDA2 O smart one!

I want to send an short ebook type file to my wife's Sony. The
display on the K700 is just about good enough to spend 10 mins or so
on the train reading.

I was hoping that someone has experience of shareware/freeware text
editor or browser which could be installed on the K700, perhaps a J2ME
type application.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 1:13:00 PM

> Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
> bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
> or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
> files.
>
> I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

Install one of java text readers.
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 10:41:21 PM

> Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I

[...]

> Any ideas or suggestions?

Put your text into a "Outlook" note and synch via XTND software with your
K700. The only thing is I don't know how large a note can be.

regards,

Uwe
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 4:55:39 AM

"Sasa" <sasa.grgasovic@zg.htnet.hr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
> > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
> > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
> > files.
> >
> > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Install one of java text readers.

where to find one on the net for free??
!