K700i - can't even read a text file

Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
files.

I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.

Any ideas or suggestions?
6 answers Last reply
More about k700i read text file

    "DAC" <e_visible@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
    > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
    > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
    > files.
    >
    > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions?

    Read it on your PDA

    "tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "DAC" <e_visible@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
    > > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
    > > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
    > > files.
    > >
    > > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or suggestions?
    >
    > Read it on your PDA

    Ideas or suggesions? Yes, buy a smart phone! You need PDA-type
    functionality, not a normal phone. If you want to stay with SE try the P900,
    or maybe go for a Series 60 device like the Sendo X, one of the Nokia
    versions, Samsungs etc, etc.

    "tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<2kbur5Fiq3eU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "DAC" <e_visible@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
    > > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
    > > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
    > > files.
    > >
    > > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or suggestions?
    >
    > Read it on your PDA

    That, I've already done on my XDA2 O smart one!

    I want to send an short ebook type file to my wife's Sony. The
    display on the K700 is just about good enough to spend 10 mins or so
    on the train reading.

    I was hoping that someone has experience of shareware/freeware text
    editor or browser which could be installed on the K700, perhaps a J2ME
    type application.

    > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
    > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
    > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
    > files.
    >
    > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions?

    Install one of java text readers.

    > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I

    [...]

    > Any ideas or suggestions?

    Put your text into a "Outlook" note and synch via XTND software with your
    K700. The only thing is I don't know how large a note can be.

    regards,

    Uwe

    "Sasa" <sasa.grgasovic@zg.htnet.hr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Just got the K700 and was wondering how to read a text file? I
    > > bluetoothed a txt file from my PDA fine, but there is no text editor
    > > or document reader beyond the "Notes" PIM tool, which cannot open
    > > files.
    > >
    > > I cant seem to use the browser to read the file either.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or suggestions?
    >
    > Install one of java text readers.

    where to find one on the net for free??

Ericsson