  • Ptv Tivo
  • Software
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
August 25, 2005 12:38:39 PM

On the new 7.2 software, there is a new item, "Enable Network Applications."

Anyone know what a network application would be?

Also, it seems you can now download movies you put on PCs via Tivo2Go.
So, you can offload your recordings to a PC and reload them later. With
enough disk space, you can have like tons of stuff stored. That's a
pretty cool enhancement.

Also has 16x9 ability.

More about : network applications software

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:27:16 AM

http://galleon.sourceforge.net/ for one.

>Also has 16x9 ability.

AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>
August 26, 2005 12:27:17 AM

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Jon Nadelberg <news@nadelberg.com> said:
>
>>On the new 7.2 software, there is a new item, "Enable Network Applications."
>>
>>Anyone know what a network application would be?
>

> http://galleon.sourceforge.net/ for one.

Says database error. I hope that's not the real app.

>>Also has 16x9 ability.
>

> AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.

Just tried it, doesn't seem to do anything.
August 26, 2005 12:27:18 AM

Jon Nadelberg wrote:
> Chris Adams wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time, Jon Nadelberg <news@nadelberg.com> said:
>>
>>> On the new 7.2 software, there is a new item, "Enable Network
>>> Applications."
>>>
>>> Anyone know what a network application would be?
>>

>> http://galleon.sourceforge.net/ for one.
>>

> Says database error. I hope that's not the real app.

Works now and says
Galleon is a free open source media server for TiVo® which allows you to
enjoy many kinds of content and interactive applications right on your
TV. The server runs on your home computer and organizes your media
collection so that they can be viewed on your home network. Galleon also
brings Internet content and applications to your TV.

Ian Singer

I am near Toronto Canada, can I tell where you are from your reply?
August 26, 2005 12:27:18 AM

"Jon Nadelberg" <news@nadelberg.com> wrote in message
> Chris Adams wrote:
>> Once upon a time, Jon Nadelberg <news@nadelberg.com> said:
>>
>>>Also has 16x9 ability.
>>

>> AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.
>
> Just tried it, doesn't seem to do anything.

http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv...

Ken
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:27:19 AM

Ken Alverson wrote:
> "Jon Nadelberg" <news@nadelberg.com> wrote in message
>
>>Chris Adams wrote:

>>>AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.
>>
>>Just tried it, doesn't seem to do anything.
>

> http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv...
>
> Ken

ok, these look like they might be cool. Thanks guys.
!