Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 refresh

Last response: in Windows 8
February 9, 2013 10:21:14 PM

When performing a windows 8 refresh, would I have to reinstall software such office 2010, antivirus and games, or would all of these remain as well.

More about : windows refresh

a b * Windows 8
February 9, 2013 10:25:58 PM

Yes
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2013 1:21:19 PM

mrkool123 said:
When performing a windows 8 refresh, would I have to reinstall software such office 2010, antivirus and games, or would all of these remain as well.

Hi! Yes I think you should. A couple of weeks ago my windows 8 crashed and had to bring it to a service center. The technician had to refresh the program and re-install a number of essential software like MS Office, antivirus, etc.

I hope it can help.
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:27:09 PM

Refresh cleans your PC of all installed desktop applications and any changes done to system. Your Modern Apps stay intact.
Reset is equal to full reinstall, wiping all system folders clean (Windows, Program Files, Users, etc.)
m
l
February 12, 2013 11:06:05 AM

mrkool123 said:

NO
there is a way where you can refresh your PC and without getting your desired softwares uninstalled.
1. create a system image in control pannel>windows 7 file recovery and create a system image of your disk and the next time when you will do a refresh you will be back to the state of the PC when you created your image.
Dont forget you should install all your desired softwares and unistall all the softwares you dont want in the image////
m
l
February 12, 2013 1:00:47 PM

Yes dude, when refreshing windows it should be known as reformat. After formatting your pc, all software should be install again as well.
m
l
March 1, 2014 7:36:58 AM

alphysudaria143 said:
Yes dude, when refreshing windows it should be known as reformat. After formatting your pc, all software should be install again as well.

true.
m
l
!