Mass effect 3 pc constant game crashes

Digitalsoulja

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Is it just me or is anyone/eveyone else having problems with EA Games?
I recently got given Mass Effect 3 for my Birthday, which I thought was a great gift, till I tried to play it!!
I'm having major problems with Origin for starters. Even in offline mode "Origin" when I try to play Mass Effect 3 it still tries to connect to EA Servers and after a few moments the game crashes/locks up solid. It seems I have to be connected to the interent no matter what, and even then, 99% of the time it will still crash at that very same spot.

I've tried the fixes I've found online, downloading and replacing the awl and EA.core files, worked for 3-5 minutes, then crashed again. I have uninstalled AMD Catalyst drivers and used driver sweeper and then reinstalled verything from 11.10-12.3, doesn't fix it. I've even tried disabling crossfire with 3D application profile settings, same thing happens...PC Locks up trying to connect to EA servers, I don't even want to connect to their servers, I want to just play singleplayer and this game will not let me!! I have already had to reinstall windows 7 Pro 64bit already and had to reinstall the game, and other than what is needed to play the game, DirecX, Sound Card Drivers, Lan drivers and Windows Updates there really isn't anything else on it, so why nothing but crashes. Is it just the game or is it Origin software that is the cause?

I've even had to diable anti-virus and firewall to try and help Origin connect to the EA servers, even after allowing them complete free reign through my firewall, which I frickin hate, it still doesn't work. I've already activated the game, what are my chances of getting my money back? To be honest, I feel MS3 is a real let down to the Trilogy, it's just a frickin Mess!! Any help with further possible fixes would be appreciated, even a comment to let me know I am not the only person who is having so many problems with Mass Effect 3 would be appreciated. Or if the game is running great for you then let us know what Specs you are running and maybe that will help those of us that are having a complete nightmare with it, and unfortunately, I'm not exagertaing, this definitely has become a nightmare!

My Specs.
X48T-DQ6
QX9650 Extreme CPU
Asus ATI EAH5970
Win7 Pro 64 Bit
8Gb Ram 1333
Cooler Master 1000watt PSU
Asus Xonar Sound Card
1x 500Gb Seagate HDD
1x 250Gb WD HDD
Asus 27" VE278 LED Monitor

JSrunner

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I have the same problem with Mass Effect 3. Every time I try to play it, it locks up. I am trying to install Mass Effect 2 and get that working but it's proving to be a problem now.
I'm hoping that if I can get Mass Effect 2 working again than maybe Mass Effect 3 will work. If not I'm bringing it back for a refund! :(

Digitalsoulja

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

Hello, sorry to hear you are having problems with the game also. I recently tried their latest update patch, that helped somewhat, less crashes, but still the game has issues, bugs, shepard and or other team members get caught on objects, stuck on ladders etc and the game still freezes/locks up on me.
I had no problem with Mass Effect 2, the graphics seemed much better in ME2 than they are in ME3, for the most part anyway. Good luck with getting your game to work, what graphics card are you using? You may have to try game booster (Free Version) and close down any un-needed background applications and see if that helps.
Best of Luck mate :)