wireless g notebook card problems

Jonathan

my wireless g notebook card works fine but if the phone
rings in my house i get disconnected and then i have to
wate for it to stop ringing till it goes back on. how do
i fix this? i have comcast highspeed internet conected
through a coax cable.

Paul

Splendid

Just off the top of my head I would say it's because your
phone ( if it's cordless ) operates at the same frequency
as the 802.11 g wireless adapter, which I believe is 2.4
GHz, give or take a few Hz.

Try using a different phone.

PaulO

If it is a wireless phone, it must be interfering with
the network.

Experiment with different channels on the router and
adapter card (try channels 1, 6 and 11). Same channel on
router and adapter card. Changing the channel shifts the
operating frequency slightly. Also, check if you can
change the channel on the phone (some do, others don't)
and experiment with different combinations. The goal is
to separate the phone and LAN frequency as much as
possible.

As extreme solution, you can get a phone that works on a
frequency different from the LAN.