Cannot install Windows 7

tonysathre

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
When I attempt to install Windows 7 I get an error stating A required CD/DVD drive driver is missing. The HDD is a Samsung Spinpoint F3 and DVD drive is an older Sata Lite-on DVD drive. I've tried messing with the bios to try ahci and IDE mode but nothing will work. I've also tried changing out the sata cables. The motherboard is an asus p7p55d-e. I would use one of my many IDE DVD drives but with my HD5870 in there, it covers the IDE interface. I tried instLling from a USB key, but the bios won't even recognize it, and won't boot from it. That drive is a Seagate pocket drive.

Any advice is appreciated.

Tony

This is a brand new motherboard with USB 3.0 and SATA III, right? I'm really not familiar with it, but I'm wondering if the newer chipset requires drivers that aren't included with the Windows 7 release version. Do you have a drivers disk for the motherboard?

tonysathre

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I tried inserting the motherboard driver disk when prompted, but it said it didn't find any drivers.

I'm going to try to install XP 32 bit and then try to upgrade from that to Windows 7 x64.