Wimax Device Firmware question

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hi to all,

I just want to ask for those who have any ideas regarding firmwares. I have a Motorola CPEi825 wimax device, before, the GUI or the interface of my device was Motorola but since my ISP updated the firmware it shows now Nokia Siemens. So my question is, is it possible to update the firmware with the same firmware version and only change the Name of the interface to Nokia Siemens?

I asked this because my ISP said that they've only changed the Name and there was no changes in the Firmware itself. What i was thinking was they did an update firmware to made the device compatible with the Nokia devices for their wimax. Because what ive noticed when it was changed to Nokia the device started to get poor signal.

I hope someone could help. Kindly move my thread if i posted it in the wrong thread or if someone can put a link on where i could ask this on a proper forum.

sk1939

Distinguished
They updated the firmware to a newer version, which is what is causing the poorer signal. The name on the firmware page is not indicative of who made it, as a quick google search revealed both Nokia Siemens and Motorola models of the CPEi825.

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

i see. but do you have link on where you find that they've updated the firmware?

sk1939

Distinguished

I don't have a link about the firmware, but that is the only way the name on the device management page would change. Motorola is the OEM for your particular unit, but it was also sold by Nokia Siemens Networks (and branded as such), whose WiMAX business that was recently acquired by NewNet.

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
i know it is hard to tell because i didnt have the screenshot of the previous motorola interface so i dont have a proof that the firmware version was changed.

but is it possible that what they've changed was the name of the interface but not the firmware version? or the firmware version might have been changed as well?