SB Audigy Platinum or GameTheatre XP??

phono_mas

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2002
I am in the process of putting a new system together.[See components listed below] I need to add a sound card to this list (as I don't really want to just go w/ the on-board sound)-but I don't really know much about them. I would like a good solid card that won't give me too many problems (esp. w/ Win XP). I've been looking at the Audigy Platinum or the Gametheatre XP. Like everything else, I've heard pros&cons for both. Which do you guys prefer?!?

here's the artillery:
A7M266-D
1 Gig DDR SDRAM
Radeon 8500 AIW
Plexwriter 40/12/40A

-I've got 4 WD drives on a Promise controller in RAID 5, running Windows XP. Thanks in advance for any advice!

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I would go with the GTXP. Less chance of having a hardware conflict and it sounds a little better I think.

If you can find it on the internet, it HAS to be true! :smile:

FatBurger

Illustrious
The GTXP is better and cheaper, what more could you want?

The only advantage the Audigy has is EAX Advanced HD, which is currently only featured in one game (Jedi Knight II: Outcast). I haven't had a chance to check it out and see how good it is yet.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

phono_mas

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2002
Hey, thanx for the advice!!! I guess I'll go w/ the GTXP. One more thing, anyone know where I can pick up that updated WinXP driver?!? Surprise, surprise - their site's tits up!