New case - what to choose

andyk

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Hi.
I'm thinking of buying a new case as my old one (Aopen HQ-8-something hightower) isn't as good as I expected. I am considering the Chieftec DH-01W mini tower case (I am going to buy the PSU separately) because I would like a case which is easier to handle.
The size is not everything though, as I've also considered the Addtronics 6896A high tower case (also without a PSU).

The one thing that I'm concerned with is the air flow in the case as I want to use as few (pabst)fans as possible.

1. Have any of you experience with above mentioned Chieftec case? How is the air flow? Are the fan holes positioned optimally?

2. Have any of you experinece with the above mentioned Addtronics case? Is it worth the money? The fan holes look well placed to me, but is that in fact the case?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

- Andreas
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AndyK on 05/01/02 01:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Nerun

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2002
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=42494#42494" target="_new">this one</A> could be worth reading.

<b><font color=blue>GzG, Nerun</font color=blue></b>
The more i ask in here, the more puzzled i get ...

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
You are my hero. The best way to answer is to show the thread where it has already been answered.
Nice going.

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

Nerun

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2002
sarcasm or laud?

Nerun

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2002
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=510719#510719" target="_new">this</A> one too.

Nerun

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2002
*extreme-blushing*