First time multi storage device user, any guides?

Scotty99

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
So i just got an SSD and im loving the speeds, however i am kind of disappointed/confused with a few things!

I dont like the fact i cant use the windows shortcuts like going to the start button and choosing documents, pictures, downloads etc, because i installed them all on my hard drive, which isnt connected to those windows shortcuts (hope you know what i mean here).

Basically, is there something on the internet like a video tutorial showing how to deal with multiple storage units on windows, and how to set up the folders properly?

For example, when i installed my SSD i did a format of my HDD in disk management and then (of course) there were no folders or anything in my HDD. I then (surely wrongly) created folders in the HDD like program files, download, music, pictures etc. Was there a better way i should have set this up, or was i correct in actually creating those folders.

Basically im smart when it comes to building computers and picking hardware, but am a complete noob when talking about actual useful things like how to properly navigate windows lol.

Any advice appreciated : )

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Open an Explorer window, right click on each "Library" on the left side menu
LCUMP.jpg

and add the "New" folder/location, select that folder and click set save location. Feel free to remove the original one if it shows it.
yb3oi.jpg

Hopefully that does what you are wanting to do.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

You can do the same thing by right clicking on Documents, Pictures and Music in the start menu as well, Select Properties(I forgot that step above!)